A Million Bucks

31.12.05

Happy new year to the global population of earth. Hopefully all those not on the christian calendar can put up with the traffic jams and getting kissed by strangers. on the eve of 2006 I'd like to bring atention to the Million Dollar Homepage an idea by Alex Tew of England. While trying to think of ways o pay for University Alex decided he would turn his homepage into 1 million 10x10 squares and sell them as billboard space for $1. This began in september and as of today there are only 1,000 "pixels" left. I bring this up because I feel 2006 will be a year of new ideas and innovation continuing a trend of change that I've seen in 2005.

I'd also like to thank all the other bloggers that read and link to Graphics, Culture, and Bad Grammar. At ths time I'd like to bring special attention to a few blogs to check out in the new year. Majikthise by Lindsay Beyerstein of New York is a high minded account of politics and philosophy well worth reading if you enjoy debate and current affairs from a fresh perspective. The Spadina Monologues by Christine Estima of Toronto are also a good read. A Journey Prize nominee, playwright, actress and auteur reviews arts and culture for various well known magazines and I've come to know her work (available through her blog) for being fresh and playful. And lastly for all those that like drinking stories and the meanderings of a creative mind the blog of Colin Pearson recounts the weekends of a creative writer for radio shows in Prince Rupert. Always entertaining, Pearson's blog is like living vicariously through the parties you wish you could attend. Also his work seems to have a growing fan base. Can't wait for the acoustic album, give me a shout when you are in town. CW! I will looking for more blogs to read and setting up mutual reviews in the new year. If you are a blogger and interested let me know.

So here is to a new year, new ideas and feelng like a million bucks.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This guy takes the pixel thing a step further...

SaveMyPenis.com.

A little nutty, but I got a laugh from the blog entries.

Sun Jan 01, 10:22:00 AM PST  
Blogger Christine Estima said...

thanks for such kind words! you are the apple of my eye, the cream in my coffee, the jam in my jelly roll!

i will now build a gilded shrine to you and worship you daily.

Mon Jan 02, 04:30:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home